GENERAL OBJECTIVE: As a part of APM’s medical team, the Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner is responsible for the management and treatment of Psychiatric patients where the treatment could include nurse practitioner evaluations, pharmacotherapy and medication management with follow up to maintain the stability of the patient that is treated.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides psychiatric nurse practitioner services to all APM clients, consisting of a nurse practitioner evaluations and medication management, training and support under a current Collaboration Agreement with a qualified physician.
- Makes client’s referral and recommendations to an in-patient unit when needed, including assisting or recommending the use of PA 302-303 Mental Health procedures act system.
- Contacts any care companies, support services and other involved agencies as needed.
- Attends Staff Meetings and Case Consultation Meetings when the Medical or Clinical Supervisor considers it necessary or when the Therapist requests such a meeting.
- Maintains updates and signs progress notes and the medication log sheets and medication notes.
- Meet with the Mental Health Therapist to provide supervision on as needed basis either in a group or individual sessions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum requirements for the position include all of the following:
1. A Master of Science in Nursing, showing graduation from a qualified Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program.
2. Evidence of current Certification as a CRNP.
3. Board Certification as a Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
4. A Collaborative Agreement with a qualified physician.
5. A complete listing of all health care settings wherein privileges have been granted.
6. A listing, upon request, or location, and date and reasons for denial/revocation/termination of clinical privileges that have been granted at any and all health care setting.
7. Evidence of a current National Practitioners Date Bank (N.P.D.B) check.
8. Valid and current D.E.A. certification.
9. Current, good-standing enrollment in the P.A. Medical Assistance Program.
10. Professional liability insurance with a minimum coverage of $500,000 per occurrence and $1,500,000 in the aggregate along with evidence of participation in the P.A. Medical Care Availability and Reduction of Error (M-CARE) Fund.
11. Compliance with all state and discipline-specific standards and regulations, including CPSL training.
12. Valid Child Abuse (Act 33) (when applicable), Criminal History, and FBI Clearances (when applicable).
13. Participation in and completion of all CBH mandatory in-services (must be completed within three (3) months of hire and annually from the date of the initial training).
14. Preference will be given to bilingual (English and Spanish) candidates.
APM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.