Job Description: Summer Analyst
Axiom was founded in 2016 and is the premier strategy and management consulting firm serving biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and health care provider clients. Our engagements focus exclusively on high value-add for our clients’ most critically important issues and challenges.
At Axiom our people are excited to help clients address their most pressing issues and challenges. We leverage the flexibility and expertise of our diverse network and organization and bring to bear an unparalleled combination of skill sets: strategic problem solving, rigorous analyses and methodologies, and clear and concise communications to bring about uniquely extraordinary results.
The Analyst role is a part-time consulting position to support, advise on, and implement key strategic initiatives, support strategic analyses of clinical, medical, and market data within the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and health care provider industry, and collaborate with client and team members to accomplish project engagement goals and objectives. Responsibilities include:
1. Problem Solving: Conduct structured problem solving to address critical business issues
2. Analytics: Perform complex data analyses in support of ongoing and ad-hoc projects
3. Communication: Create, refine, and present recommendations to senior management
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to conduct complex data analysis using analytical databases/tools, including Microsoft Excel (eg, pivot tables, LOOKUP, SUMIF, COUNTIF functions, etc)
· Extensive experience with PowerPoint presentations in consulting or banking
· Demonstrated ability to manipulate data, understand complexities, and generate reports/presentations and express implications of analysis
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to work well in teams
· Strong desire and openness to learning and trying unconventional approaches
· Experience in consulting firm, market research firm, or financial analysis work strongly preferred
· Degree requirements for Analysts: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Natural Sciences, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related analytical fields.
Detailed Job Description
Axiom’s Analysts are a diverse group of highly qualified people with a wide range of backgrounds, from hard science to literature. Offering challenging responsibilities, broad business exposure and unrivaled career prospects, Axiom’s Analyst role provides an unparalleled opportunity to apply knowledge, business intuition, and analytical rigor to real-world challenges, building invaluable skills and experience along the way.
Generally, Analysts join directly out of college or university, from a Master’s program, or after less than three years of work experience. It’s a great way to set yourself up for future success—at Axiom and beyond. Analysts are the heart and soul of our organization. They are our frontline in developing powerful insights and driving results for our clients. We invest heavily in our Analysts, and believe in the apprenticeship model of management consulting. Analysts at Axiom tackle the most advanced and difficult problems our clients face, including understanding and shaping new markets, helping frame new business and medical treatment models, assessing specific competitors’ performance, performing due diligence, and driving it all to bottom-line financial returns and value creation.
Responsibilities may include Problem Solving
– Structure problem solving to address critical business issues
– Manage individual and team member work streams
– Develop programs, methodologies, and files for analyzing and presenting data Analytics
– Perform complex data analyses in support of ongoing and ad-hoc projects
– Research new data sources and analytical tools; contribute to new product development and improvement in product delivery and presentation
– Use and support database applications and analytical tools: evaluate data quality, applications, and functions, produce output, maintain data assets
– Create and manage data collection from web surveys
– Create, refine, and present recommendations to senior management
– Interpret and organize data results into executive summaries and professional consulting presentations
Other Desired Skills & Experience Required:
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to conduct complex data analysis using analytical databases/tools like Microsoft Excel (eg, pivot tables, LOOKUP, SUMIF, COUNTIF functions, etc). Demonstrated ability to manipulate data, understand complexities, and generate reports/presentations
• Experience with large amounts of data (big data) and data warehouses
• Basic statistical skills, including sample size, confidence intervals, linear correlation, regression analysis etc. Understanding of SAS, SPSS or other statistical analysis package
• Project management, market research, questionnaire design, and website development experiences are a plus
• Demonstrated drive for quality, a strong commitment to and affinity for delivering the highest level of data services and analyses
• Experience creating and managing a website
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Deep/expert experience with Powerpoint presentations
• Flexible & creative, with a collaborative work style. Ability to establish / maintain effective working relationships. High-energy, self-motivated, and organized
• Consulting firm, market research firm, or financial analysis work strongly preferred
• Experience with conducting web surveys
• Strong project management skills Desirable, but not required
Time requirements: Part-Time
About Axiom Healthcare Strategies
Axiom Life Science is a ‘hyper-boutique’ consulting firm focused on serving the needs of clients in the oncology space. As a small, highly specialized firm, we work hand-in-hand with our clients to challenge their pre-conceived axioms (ideas), minimize strategic blind spots, and support informed decision-making. Our firm was founded in 2016 by an industry veteran with two decades of operating experience.