Are you looking to gain real world experience in a thriving, global financial services firm with an award-winning culture? Consider an internship and start building your career at Baird.
Our Intern Program:
Our competitive intern program offers interns exposure to the business world and a meaningful work experience. Interns are treated as valuable team members while learning from experienced professionals in a collaborative, fun and dynamic environment. Baird’s summer intern program activities include an Intern Welcome Event, professional development, networking with leaders and associates, and many other informal events. Our interns have the opportunity to use a Baird Cares Day, a paid day to volunteer in the community. They are also eligible to apply for scholarships. Our informal mentor program gives interns an opportunity to network throughout Baird and learn about all the areas of the firm.
Baird’s Equity Capital Markets group includes more than 500 professionals in research, institutional sales and trading, and investment banking. Baird delivers high-quality, objective research in the sectors where our clients seek timely, actionable insights. Our dedicated analyst teams provide comprehensive, award-winning coverage of over 725+ stocks.
Internship Location, Availability and Hours:
Located in our downtown Milwaukee office, interns must be flexible to work full time during the summer, significant hours are required. Please note: applications are for an Equity Research Analyst Internship role with a start date of Summer 2023. Only December 2023 or Spring 2024 graduates will be considered.
As an Equity Research Analyst Intern, you will:
- Play an integral role in the research process
- Join a focused industry group and work closely with Analysts
- Provide quantitative support for industry- and company-specific research and assist with field research
- Work in small teams (2-3 people) to cover group of 15+ stocks
- Collect industry data and provide a deep level of expertise in a sector that helps clients to decide where to invest
- Write reports and communicate findings
- Interact directly with covered company management (CEOs, CFOs)
- Discuss research findings with Sales & Trading associates and institutional clients (e.g., analysts and portfolio managers at top mutual funds and hedge funds)
What we look for:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program required, graduation date of December 2023 or Spring 2024
- Finance/Accounting degree strongly preferred
- Candidates must have a track record of proven academic excellence
- Have the ability to work within a team and on a self-directed basis
- Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What makes this opportunity great:
- Fast paced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
- The quality of our equity research and the strength of our relationships in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia drive consistent satisfaction for our clients
- Baird connects institutional investors with industry-leading companies across the globe; our focus on delivering unique relationships, resources and sector expertise garnered a No. 1 ranking for “access to small-/mid-cap companies’ management”
- 10-week opportunity in which Baird can assess skills and fit with position, while interns are able to assess fit with Baird
- Strong track record of converting summer interns to successful full-time hires