Balyasny Asset Management L.P. (BAM) is a global institutional investment firm. We strive to deliver consistent, uncorrelated, absolute returns in all market environments by fostering a culture of research, innovation, and collaboration.
BAM exists at the intersection of finance and technology, combining the deep industry knowledge of leading portfolio managers and financial analysts with skilled software engineers and quantitative researchers. We leverage the collective expertise of our teams to seek out new investment opportunities, analyze market conditions, minimize risk, and provide superior service to our investment partners.
With 500+ employees in offices around the world, we embrace a culture that welcomes the free flow of ideas, promotes career growth and development, and supports the health and well-being of our employees through very competitive benefits.
The Equity Research Technology team at Balyasny is responsible for building and supporting a world-class suite of tools for our portfolio managers and their teams. We are looking for an experienced and eager developer to join our team in supporting this mandate. This growing suite of tools spans across the areas of Research Management, Idea Generation, Professional Development and Broker Relations.
- Build intuitive and cutting edge applications and workflows used by BAM’s portfolio managers and financial analysts
- Collaborate in a fast-paced team environment to understand, engineer, and deliver on business requirements.
- Strike a balance along the dimensions of feasibility, stability, scalability, and time-to-market when delivering solutions.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Prior internship experience building front-end web applications using modern web technologies using React.js
- Strong UI/UX Design skills. Must be proficient with CSS.
- Experience building Restful Services in Python 3+
- Basic knowledge of Postgres or any relational database.
- Experience building performant web objects while working with large datasets
- Understanding of the full scope of application development (authentication, integrating with APIs, build process, testing, validation, state management).
- Experience building Cloud Based Applications using Amazon Web Services including S3 Buckets
- Excellent communication skills
Additional experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Experience working with financial market data from Bloomberg, Reuters or other similar sources
- Experience with hedge fund industry or other financial instruments/software (research, risk management, portfolio accounting, reconciliation, order management, etc.).
- Experience building charting objects with Highcharts charting package
- Experience building front ends with Ag Grid
- Experience with Linux OS
- Experience as a Full Stack Developer with a focus on Microsoft Technologies (C#, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, Web API)