Are you interested in exploring a career in an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals?
Would you like to learn skillsets that could help you be successful across various bank functions and teams while promoting your personal and professional development?
The Bank of America Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and Public Policy summer internship will provide rising seniors pursuing an undergraduate degree a variety of opportunities to expand upon their academic foundation — specifically their technical skills, knowledge of the industry and familiarity with a corporate environment. This program introduces the students to Bank of America and the disciplines included in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), Corporate Sustainability and Public Policy.
Summer interns in this program will receive a unique and thorough introduction to Bank of America as they work with their assigned teams and other teammates across multiple functions. While day-to-day responsibilities will vary based on team placement, all interns will participate in training sessions, informational meetings, networking events and community service opportunities.
The internship offers the potential for a variety of experiences based on your interests, development opportunities, and business needs. Our interns are paired with a dedicated Program Manager who offers an added level of support as a liaison among the line of business, the company, and the intern experience.
Each intern will participate as an active member of a working ESG or Public Policy team. Intern roles may include one or more of the following assignments:
- Environmental Group – assist in environmental finance, operations and employee engagement projects
- Foundation – help with key programs including Student Leaders, Workforce Development and other philanthropic initiatives
- Community Affairs – provide management support for issues related to consumer advocacy, civil rights and other timely, relevant topics
- Arts & Culture – support partnerships to bring art to local communities and schools, arts conservation projects and Museums on Us.
- Public Policy – Support work if the federal and state government relations team to provide support for issues management, stakeholder engagement and other policy initiatives.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
- Preferred degree programs or majors: Public Policy / Public-Administration, Communications, Public Relations, Public Affairs, Government Studies, English, Political Science, Business, Environmental Studies/Sciences
- Preferred GPA of 3.2 or above
- Must have demonstrated competencies in: critical thinking, strong writing and project management skills, leadership
- Must have the ability to work effectively with colleagues in many locations and manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Bank of America is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
**In order to be considered all applications must be completed through our website
Applications to be completed by March 5, 2021**