The core of our business
Barclays’ financial health is of the utmost importance – not only to our clients, shareholders and employees but to a wide array of stakeholders, too. Our Finance function is essential to our success and includes our Business Performance and Analytics, Product Control, Financial Control, Cost Management, Tax and Treasury teams. Want to learn how financial concepts are applied in a global financial institution like Barclays? Join us as a summer analyst.
Real responsibility, right away
As a summer analyst, you’ll spend the summer working on real-world projects. Completing rotations on two teams, you’ll develop a solid foundation in financial analysis and strengthen your analytical and business skills. You may:
· perform daily profit and loss analysis for business units, identifying and researching performance impacts
· compile regular reports and scorecards for senior managers
· analyze data for trends and insights
· write presentations based on your analyses for senior managers
· assist in calls and meetings with fiscal stakeholders.
A place where you can thrive
At Barclays, you’ll be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders and peers alike. During the program, you’ll also:
· benefit from both formal and informal training
· connect with junior and senior mentors
· participate in dedicated networking/program events
· receive detailed performance feedback throughout the program
· give back to the community through volunteer events.
And if you really impress us, this could be the beginning of an incredible career. We invite top-performing, eligible summer analysts to join us as full-time Finance analysts after graduation.
To be considered for this program, you must:
· be an undergraduate student with an anticipated graduation date between December 2021 – June 2022.
Ideally, you would also have:
· a GPA of 3.2 or above
· unrestricted U.S. work authorization
· a basic understanding of financial concepts and financial markets
· a major in finance or accounting, preferred, but not required
· resourcefulness, leadership, team-orientation, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrated through participation in extracurricular activities.
Ready to apply?
Please submit an application through Barclays’ online system. Then, submit your resume and cover letter through your school’s career management application system if required. Please note that you can apply to only one Barclays graduate program globally.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Our purpose is creating opportunities to rise. We support sustainable and inclusive growth by connecting the ideas, innovations and aspirations of our customers and clients to the capital that can bring them to life. For over 325 years we have funded progress, and today we remain committed to helping make our world more sustainable, more inclusive and more connected.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website home.barclays
To learn more about careers at Barclays, visit joinus.barclays
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.