UX/UI Design Intern
BD Biosciences – Company Insights
At BD Biosciences, our purpose is to help all people live healthy lives. We are a world leader bringing innovative tools to research and clinical laboratories in basic research, drug discovery and development, biopharmaceutical production and disease management. We develop technology that enables faster diagnosis and better clinical outcomes.
· Collaborating with team members on software UX deliverables and designs.
· Support the design team in creating a Design System in order to apply uniformity within the software engineering organization and solidify brand recognition with our customers.
· Creating user interface prototypes when necessary (optional depending on skillset).
· Able to support design research for various features; conduct, interpret, and summarize more complex data analysis as needed, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to finalize findings.
The successful candidate will possess:
· Actively pursuing either a Bachelor/Masters/Doctorate of Arts (Graphic Design) with a minor in the sciences or a Bachelor/Masters/Doctorate of Science/Engineering (Molecular Biology, Chemistry or Cognitive Science degree preferrable) with a strong record of academic achievement.
· Understanding of user research techniques and how they can be applied to problem-solving.
· Understanding of the user-centered design process.
· Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
· Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
· Portfolio to showcase your work.
· Proficient with industry standard design tools (Figma, Sketch, Balsamiq, Adobe Creative Cloud).
· Knowledge of immunology or other life sciences applications is a nice-to-have.
· Experience working in a wet lab
This internship will be located at our BD Biosciences R&D facility in San Jose, California.