The Technology Leadership Development Program’s (TLDP) vision is to develop future leaders in BD’s R&D organization by providing TLDP associates with broad and deep technical assignments across BD. The program consists of three progressively more challenging assignments (1.5-2 years each) that can span multiple businesses and / or locations within the Company. These assignments are designed to strengthen technical depth and leadership skills. A personalized and dynamic career path is sculpted for each TLDP associate with the influence of senior R&D leaders and your personal skills and interests.
· Custom-designed rotational assignments guided by participants’ input, resulting in a fluid, flexible and dynamic career development experience
· Assignments focused on developing each participant’s technical strength, leadership abilities, cross-functional skills and business acumen
· Assignments spanning multiple locations and BD businesses within key research and development facilities located in or near the following major cities: New York City, NY; Baltimore, MD; Raleigh, NC; San Diego, CA; San Jose, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; Phoenix, AZ; Providence, RI; and Atlanta, GA
· Rotation opportunities outside of associate’s domain expertise build breadth by providing exposure to different technology fields, phases of product development, and job functions. Potential for career growth in technology-based roles earned by quickly learning the business, and exhibiting quality leadership and strong technical skills
Examples of first assignments
· Designing and developing product components in drug delivery systems, surgical devices or high-tech diagnostics
· Contributing to the development of a novel materials technology enabling the invention of new medical devices or therapies
· Software development for new technologies that enable better and faster disease diagnosis
· Outstanding Ph.D. graduates (or anticipated defense within 1 year of application date) with technical depth in engineering, technology, or life sciences fields, such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, materials science, chemistry, biochemistry, cell biology, computer science, data science and related fields
· Significant demonstrated leadership experience. Leadership may span realms including but not limited to: technical, academic, entrepreneurial, organizational, and personal.
· Academic and research distinction
· Experience in or demonstrated interest towards the medical technologies, healthcare or life sciences industries
· Early-stage career (no more than 3 years industry or academic experience outside the pursuit of a degree)
· Willingness and ability to relocate to different geographic locations for at least two out of the three assignments
BD’s TLDP Program is unable to provide visa sponsorship. In order to qualify for this position, you must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship for employment visa status by BD for the duration of this program, which is anticipated to be 5-6 years.
Spring applications will close on March 1, 2021 at 11:59pm. Candidates can expect to hear back about next steps within 3 weeks of the application closing date