Project Architect – BDG Architects – Tampa, FL
BDG Architects has an immediate need for a qualified candidate with a minimum of 7 years of experience and licensed to practice architecture to join our team in our Tampa, Florida office. The applicant will need to be proficient in the following:
- Be responsible for project management to ensure projects are completed on time, are within budget, are of high quality, and fulfill client expectations.
- Maintain communication with the project team, the Principal-In-Charge and operations management.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards.
- Coordinate project budgets and schedules.
- Assist in preparation of fee proposals and agreements with the owner and consultants.
- Manage and oversee work of project team and provide direction and organization.
- Ensure project delivery and quality from programming through project closeout.
- Coordinate monthly billing with accounting department.
- Maintain budget spreadsheets for projects.
- Act as primary client contact when required; establish and maintain client contacts.
- Ensure client development and satisfaction and secure ongoing work.
- Assist in the identification of new projects, implementation of effective strategic plans to win these projects, and the development of proposals.
- Schedule, oversee and manage staff workload for the architectural studio.
- Supervise and support design staff, conduct reviews and assist in establishing training activities.
- Maintain and document revenue projections and projected Architectural Studio performance.
- Manage and assist with work on all phases of various architectural projects including design development, preparation of presentation drawings and specifications, design review, coordination and correlation of construction drawings.
- Review production drawings and specifications.
- Plan, coordinate and administer projects from the initial programming stages through project closeout.
General knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in an architectural office is required. In addition to visual technical skills, the applicant must possess excellent verbal and written skills along with strong organizational and time management capability, and excel in collaboration and team building. Strategic thinking to address issues and new concepts in design, production of documents, and development of detailing is required with a demonstrated ability to work on, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
The applicant must be proficient in software applications including AutoCAD Architecture, Sketch-Up and MS Office. Knowledge and proficiency with Revit and other drawing software is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via Resumes@BDGLLP.com.