Position: Analyst, Strategy, Planning & Analytics
Beam Living is a vertically integrated Real Estate Management Company that creates, manages and supports communities throughout New York City.
We are both a great place to work and to live. We are part of a competitive NYC residential real estate market and need a talented team to deliver on promises to our residents and to communicate to the world why they should live in our communities.
We are looking for someone to join our Strategy, Planning & Analytics Team in the role of Analyst. If you are interested in providing strategic and analytical support to maximize the operational performance of the organization and our communities, then maybe you should join us.
Only read further if you are:
- Someone who cares about building a great place for people to live and work
You should be:
- A critical thinker who enjoys challenging work to achieve strategic goals and understands the business implications of the projects they work on.
- A lover of data who identifies data relationships and dependencies; synthesizes complex information to draw conclusions to make strategic decisions.
- An executor who is passionately committed to excellence and will relentlessly pursue the team’s goals.
- A strategist who believes if Beam does something, it should be done better than anyone, in an organized and efficient manner.
- A passionate communicator who believes that helping others win is a noble cause and that proactive hands on leadership is the only course of action.
- Gumby. Things change.
What you will do:
Produce Reporting and Materials for Ownership and Investors
- Create and maintain financial reports and models to provide insight into asset and portfolio level performance.
- Ad-Hoc reporting for the Organization, Ownership and Investors; projects will be based on a wide-range of operational and financial data.
- Collect and maintain a database of market and property level research information through various online sources.
- Ensure accuracy and quality of presented data, analytical explanations and conclusions.
- Help produce quarterly board book presentation for Ownership and Investors.
- Learn and use the Revenue Management platform to help push rate and occupancy.
- Understand data limitation and quality; recommend data improvement strategies.
- Build intricate dashboards and data visualizations to facilitate decision making across all departments.
Provide Analytical & Data Driven Support for Decision Making
- Produce analytical support across the organization, analyze a wide range of operational and financial data, both internal and external.
- Support data-focused business intelligence projects, including performing data validation across property databases.
- Assess database data quality and determine best methods to rectify any data quality issues that may arise.
- Set goals, measure, analyze and improve revenue driving factors; analyze revenue related statistics; understand, present and explain KPIs.
- Assist with budgeting and reforecasting.
- Continuously evaluate marketing, demographic and economic data to determine trends.
- Produce complex and comprehensive revenue models and forecasts.
- Assist in due diligence process for new acquisitions and financings.
- Assess capital projects and investments to gauge financial and operational feasibility, determine unit renovation strategy.
What you should have:
- Strong understanding of financial / data management.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent writing / communication skills; ability to influence and communicate with various stakeholders.
- Ability to produce top quality deliverables, taking full responsibility and ownership; demonstrate proven track record of delivering project and results.
- Strong discipline and relentless desire to do what needs to be done.
- Drive for continuous improvement and ability to change; a desire to grow and take on ever increasing responsibility.
- Undergraduate degree required; 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong Excel, modeling skills required; data visualization / programming a strong plus (Tableau/Power BI, SQL, VBA, R)
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go. We don’t have any “best place to work” awards, but that will change soon. Just watch.
Competitive pay and full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave. We have a CEO that will make fun of himself and encourage you to tell him when he is wrong.
If any of that sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.
A few of the people you will work with:
City Life Just Got Happier
Beam Living believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company. However, it is not enough to just BE diverse, diversity must be embraced! We want you to bring your whole self to work, which is why Beam Celebrates how diversity contributes to a welcoming inclusive environment where everyone belongs.
To further our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all employment decisions at Beam Living are based on individual qualifications, business needs and job requirements without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.