Becht is a Great Place to Work-Certified Company!
Who is Becht?
Founded in 1964, Becht is a rapidly-growing, multi-disciplinary consulting firm relied on by customers to relentlessly solve their most difficult and entrenched problems. We combine vast experience through our network of over 1500 technical experts with both engineering expertise and professional experience. Becht is a company founded on excellence, and as such we seek individuals who want to be part of our passionate and energetic team.
Who Do We Want?
Becht is seeking junior, senior, master’s or doctorate computer science/software engineering students with an interest in web app development with a database back end who want to learn more by joining our world-class, family-owned engineering organization. Becht is committed to developing young professionals by providing opportunities to explore the dynamic environment of engineering consulting services.
• Becht strives to provide our interns with:
• Real-world experience with a consulting company operating with the latest technology
• Guidance in the form of a highly trained mentor
• A positive, team approach work environment
• Hands-on experience with the full SDLC during your internship
• Networking opportunities with former interns currently employed across a wide range of innovative and diverse companies, including the Fortune 500
At Becht, our intern/co-op program gives students the opportunity to explore the practical applications of their college classes while working with customers from around the globe. We offer full-time student positions for every semester. These positions actively support current projects and are constantly evolving. As a student with Becht, you will learn to develop internal and client facing web apps, web pages, and productivity tools with a team of other software developers and engineers. You will be involved in the entire process from setting application requirements, creating data models, and designing the interface, developing the front and back ends, testing and assisting in deployment. You will be at the forefront of our most advanced and technically rewarding projects to assist clients in improving reliability and profitability while also reducing risks to people and the environment.
Build Your Career with Becht A creative and innovative work environment isn’t all we have to offer! When you join Becht, you can expect:
• A positive, collaborative workforce
• Access to further training and development
• Mentoring programs
• Company and family events such as baseball games, go-karting, and bowling
• Opportunities that provide stability as well as variety
• Work day events such as birthday lunches
• Community outreach programs such as Red Cross blood drives, Toys for Tots collections/volunteering, and United Way campaigns
Your Knowledge and Expertise
• Passion for technology and can navigate across complex and rapidly changing landscapes
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Creative and confident to express new ideas
• Proven troubleshooting skills
• Self-motivated and self-disciplined
• Should be comfortable working in a virtual team
• Ability to compartmentalize efforts—put one task down, pick up another, then resume the first with minimal ramp-up required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Object-oriented programming experience
• Database experience
• MSSQL, Bootstrap, C# and/or .NET Core experience are a plus.
• Must be enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s software engineering, computer science, or equivalent degree
• Must be available to work 40 hours per week for a minimum of one semester
• Primarily a remote position, but in-person events in the Medina, OH; Liberty Corner, NJ; and Houston, TX areas.
6 months internship/co-op blocks will be given first preference.
Becht is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please attach a recent unofficial transcript with your resume. If you are a Master’s student, please also upload your Bachelor’s degree transcript. Failure to do so will create a delay in the review of your application.