Software Engineer at Belvedere Trading
At Belvedere Trading, our pragmatic Software Engineers develop our low latency, high-performance, proprietary trading systems. They participate in all aspects of our software development lifecycle, from design to testing to deployment, and have both a love of technology and a demonstrated interest in the financial markets. We’re looking for graduating seniors who fit this bill.
Don’t know a lot about finance or trading? No sweat. Learn as much as you can in the meantime (here are some resources to get you started) but know our Belvedere Trading University (BTU) program will teach you everything you need to know once you join the team.
The secret to our award-winning culture is our Core Values: Team Belvedere, Me In Team, Own It, Iterative Innovation, and Passionate Discourse. We live and breathe these values every day. Take a moment to learn more and see if our values align with yours.
What our Software Engineers do
- Strong development – enhance the proprietary trading software platform that our traders use every day and deliver software solutions to drive business needs
- Design, implement and debug complex low latency trading applications
- Efficient programming – Balance optimization and readability to create efficient and extendable applications
- Partner with team members to ensure that our software meets requirements and is testable
- Communicate with project managers and team leaders to develop work strategies
- Collaborate – Work in a collaborative team environment which encourages constant learning and innovation from all levels of the company to build the future of technology and finance
- BTU – Participate in our in-house learning and development curriculum via peer-lead lectures to obtain knowledge about the fundamentals of trading and our proprietary trading systems
Key qualities in great candidates
- High performer – Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, preferably with an object-oriented programming language such as C++, C#, or Java
- Problem solver – Understanding when to use the right tool for the job
- Innovative – Ability to optimize and design low latency software
- Ownership – Thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment
- Intellectual curiosity and passion – Desire to continuously learn in a team environment and solve challenging problems
- Strong Communication – Effectively communicate project updates to teammates and product managers
- Graduation date of December 2020 or May/June 2021 (start date of summer 2021)
- Extra credit: Experience with hardware optimization and/or the financial industry!
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm proudly headquartered in downtown Chicago. Our traders work hard to provide liquidity to the market through their market-making activities and are the masters of a diverse set of commodities, interest rates, exchange-traded fund (ETF), and equity index options. This wouldn’t be possible without the dedicated efforts of our technology teams who utilize and perfect our innovative technology solutions.
Belvedere is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. Discrimination against employees and applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military, and veteran status is prohibited. Belvedere encourages initiatives to increase diversity and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. Belvedere is committed to providing a positive environment in which team members are treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy. Our firm believes in a dynamic culture of inclusion and diversity, where people thrive on individual and organizational characteristics, values, experiences, and backgrounds.
Please note that Belvedere Trading does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes will become the property of Team Belvedere. No phone calls, please.
Job Status: Full-Time
Sponsorship: Not available for this position
Work Schedule: Regular and reliable attendance during business hours
Amount of Travel Required: None
Through our efforts to provide a safe environment for you and our team members, all interviews for this position will be conducted virtually via phone or video. We will continue to actively hire and onboard new team members virtually through the remainder of the year unless otherwise noted. Any questions regarding the virtual recruiting process, please reach out to email@example.com.