Bennu is closing the loop on management communication. We’ve taken the software engineering model of continuous delivery and closed the loop on communication. Using our platform, our customers create empowering employee experiences, develop great leaders, and build the workplaces of the future.
Growth mindset is in our DNA. Our product fuels it. We live and breathe it. We surround ourselves with the best experts, and then learn from them. If you are as excited about that as we are, get in touch.
- Bennu is looking for a software engineer to join us in building an exciting and innovative product that helps teams learn and grow together
- Bennu is a permanently remote team based in the United States. Candidates outside the SF Bay Area are encouraged to apply.
- How to apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a few sentences on why you want to work with us and attach your resume.
About Us: The Team
We’re a gritty team of experts in software engineering, productivity SaaS, and workforce development. As self-starters and learners, we’re excited about the opportunity to help more people reach their potential at work, by creating feedback loops that work for the modern workforce.
CEO/Founder Brenda Jin was a Staff Engineer at Slack and is the co-author of O’Reilly’s Designing Web APIs. Architect & Tech Advisor Eric Conlon has over a decade of experience at companies like Lyft, Formation, Twitter, and Google. Other advisors include CEO of Abstract Kelly Watkins and Matrix partner Liza Gurtin.
We’re backed by Pear, Slack, and an exciting lineup of angels.
About You: The Founding SWE
We are looking for a smart, creative, and entrepreneurial software engineer to join us in building our product. We want someone who has strong fundamentals, who can make pragmatic technology choices, and who can balance the need to execute with the need to endure.
We’re looking for someone who can lead decisions, execute, and empathize with our users.
It’s time to build. We have active customers, product specs, and tons of user research. With you, we’ll take the company to the next level.
We expect you to work with us week-to-week as we rapidly iterate toward product-market fit. We expect you to stay flexible—build room for change as we update designs. We want your product feedback. We expect you to research best practices in design patterns, security, and ops and be prepared to deliver a complete, excellent, and stable experience to users.
You will play a key role in Bennu’s journey to Product Market Fit, lay a strong technology foundation, and be a founding startup team member.
What you’ll do
- Lay the engineering foundation for an innovative B2B product
- Translate the vision and product roadmap into deliverables and technical milestones
- Shepherd projects from inception to product in the hands of customers
- Build scalable change management and deploy systems
- Wear many hats—from product research, to customer success, to QA, and more!
- A burning desire to learn and grow
- Experience with Python
- Web application development experience, including but not limited to: backend, DBs, job queues, ops, testing, and APIs
- Ability to prioritize engineering work based on vision, product roadmap, and user empathy
- Previous startup experience
Nice to have
- Experience with technologies in our tech stack: AWS, Airflow, Terraform, PostgreSQL, Docker
- Ability to set up developer workflows and build systems
To apply: Reach out to email@example.com. Include a few sentences on why you want to work with us and attach your resume.