The person in this position will be responsible providing integrated treatment supporting the needs of both behavioral and physical health care to clients admitted to Berks Counseling Center. This would include clinical treatment modalities and supporting documentation.
LPC or LCSW with counseling experience in mental health and/or drug and alcohol required. Experience working with adolescents preferred.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of the assessment and treatment of behavioral health disorder
• Knowledge of BCC services, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of ethical practices of counselors.
• Knowledge of electronic health records (EHR).
• Knowledge of community services available to low income, high risk populations.
• Skill and ability to document clinical needs clearly, concisely, and in a timely manner.
• Skill in using Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook and ability to learn and navigate new software programs that support project efforts and the electronic health record.
• Skill in supporting the health care and wellness needs of low income, high risk populations.
• Skill in managing competing priorities.
• Skill in problem solving and conflict resolution including identification of the problem or conflict within a team oriented approach to care.
• Skill in problem solving and conflict resolution within a team oriented approach to care.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in operating office and technological equipment and software.
• Ability to facilitate evidence based groups.
• Ability to maintain direct services hours as designated by supervisor.
• Ability to type and navigate electronic health records.
• Ability to utilize and learn software, technology and office equipment.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team in meeting the integrated physical and behavioral health and wellness needs of the persons served.
• Ability to work well with diverse, low income, high risk populations and provide culturally competent care.
• Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the provision of compassionate, patient-centered care supportive of the patient’s own goals and motivated toward positive health outcomes.
• Ability to communicate professionally with coworkers, clients and vendors.
• Ability to organize daily activities of self and others and to work as a team player.
• Ability to assist the consumer in identifying appropriate treatment plan goals and action steps.
• Ability to provide culturally-competent care.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provide screening, assessment, and evaluation of potential clients.
2. Provide individual, group, and/or family counseling at the main office or school setting.
3. Effectively assess client treatment needs and develop a comprehensive individualized integrated treatment plan.
4. Utilize collaborative documentation to complete clinical documentation that meets compliance standards, medical necessity guidelines, and agency standards as to timeliness and accuracy of documentation.
5. Ability to maintain standard direct service hours.
6. Actively participate in individual supervision and clinical team meetings.
7. Work cooperatively with the psychiatrist in meeting the medication management needs of clients.
8. Attend staff and community meetings as assigned.
9. Provide community outreach and networking related to clinical services.
10. Maintain appropriate credentials and attend ongoing training and education as required by licensure, certification and/or agency policy.
11. Maintain accurate, up to date clinical documentation in the client record.
12. Prepare reports as requested.
13. Work closely with other treatment staff, case managers and other outside persons involved in a client’s care to assure effective coordination of care, including the promotion of health and wellness.
14. Meet all insurance and funding source requirements.
15. Provide licensure supervision to employees seeking licensure.
16. Participate in daily huddles.
17. Successfully credential with insurance companies through prompt completion of provider applications and attention to deadlines.
18. Provide crisis coverage as needed.
19. Perform all other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.