The Analyst, Investments will serve an integral role supporting BMC’s efforts to grow cash flow and enhance the value of the fund through strategic acquisitions, dispositions, joint-venture investments, financing, operational improvements, and capital projects with a positive ROI. Additionally, the position will support internal and external reporting requirements, the Fund’s annual valuation process, asset management, and other ad hoc projects. The successful candidate will have foundational knowledge of real estate valuation, a strong work ethic, the desire to achieve results, and the ability to thrive in a team environment. He or she will gain exposure to acquisitions, JV investments, financing and asset management across various asset types, including office, land, industrial and multifamily. The Analyst, Investments will report to the Senior Vice President, Investments and the Associate, Investments, and will be encouraged to build relationships across the company and the industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in evaluating, financing and closing new investment opportunities through financial analysis/underwriting, research and due diligence. Likewise assist with asset dispositions as they arise.
- Assist with the preparation of investment committee materials, financing memos and other transaction documents.
- Work closely with the legal and other departments on closings, including completion of due diligence, ensuring accurate pro-rations, settlement statements, insurance coverage, and that conditions to closing are met.
- Assist with annual Fund valuation process including interfacing with an external appraiser and performing internal valuations.
- Prepare various ad hoc reports/analysis/projections on lease, asset and/or fund performance for internal and external use.
- Collect and maintain an updated database of recent property sales.
- Perform periodic benchmarking across similar property types and analysis of value-enhancement initiatives.
- Monitor actual performance versus budget on operating assets, joint ventures and major renovations. Review partner draw requests.
- Identify opportunities to enhance fund performance and value.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS preferably in Finance or Real Estate
- 1+ years of related real estate modeling and valuation experience
- Intermediate to advanced Excel
- Proficiency in Argus is a plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to excel in both a team setting and on individual assignments
- Strong and succinct verbal and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and adapt to changing assignments in a collaborative team environment
- Must be responsive and meet deadlines