Under supervision of the principal investigator, conducts a variety of routine experiments using molecular, cell biology and/or biochemistry techniques. Records test results, calculates, transcribes, and analyzes data using basic statistics.
- Conducts routine tests following established procedures, which may include assays, DNA sequencing, tissue culture, protein purification, Southern blotting, PCR analysis, electrophoresis, chromatography.
- Researches and collects basic study data through monitoring devices and maintains daily logs/basic records of methodologies and test results. With supervision, using databases, may summarize data and interpret results using descriptive statistics and basic hypothesis testing.
- May write standard operating procedures for documentation and make informal presentations of these procedures to others in the lab.
- Performs literature searches and library investigations as they relate to the research and/or as assigned.
- Due to the dynamic environment in which research exists, must show flexibility in performing principal duties and responsibilities as research projects evolve.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Life Science or a related scientific field required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Familiarity with basic laboratory instruments and equipment, computers (databases, spreadsheets, statistics) and scientific procedures.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.