Weekday per diem social workers to cover the ED and inpatient services (Med/Surg, Ob/Gyn, Hem/Onc). Responsible for assessment, crisis intervention, bereavement and brief counseling with patients and families. Work closely with the interdisciplinary team to provide consultation around psychosocial issues and social determinants of health impacting care. Facilitation of team and family meetings as appropriate. Will also provide addictions assessments; detox referrals, safety assessments and mandated reports.
Job Summary: Provides psychosocial screening, assessment, treatment, and follow-up for patients and families. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, internal and external case managers, community agencies, and other health care professionals to implement safe, effective and timely patient care. Assignments vary based on department and service needs. Reports to the social work manager/manager of clinical service area.
- Provides clinical services to patients and families that address personal and environmental issues in order to maximize emotional, social, and physical well being and the appropriate and efficient use of health care resources.
- Screens and triages patients who request service, are referred, or meet screening criteria for identifying patients’ needs. Conducts psychosocial assessments and provides services as indicated. Partners with a nurse case manager and the multidisciplinary team, assists in discharge planning and/or outpatient continuity of care planning.
- Provides counseling and psychotherapeutic services appropriate to setting. Provides timely and appropriate documentation in patient’s medical record. Consults on psychosocial patient-care planning and patient/family management as well as risk management.
- Utilizes on-site or on-call supervisors as appropriate for clinical consultation and to apprise supervisors of legal, ethical, risk issues that may effect the patient, family or the Medical Center.
- Master’s degree in Social Work required.
- License Lic Clinical Social Worker required., or Registration Lic Indep Clinical Social Work required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Massachusetts license at the highest level of eligibility. If license pending, will work under the direct clinical supervision and have all notes co-signed by a licensed social worker. Must obtain Massachusetts license within 3-6 months.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.