Case Worker – Intact Family Services
Requisition #: req3416
Location: Chicago, DuPage and Kane County, IL
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Bethany Christian Services strengthens and equips families to be the answer for vulnerable children, both in local communities and around the globe. We do this by protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families through quality social services. Thousands of children are in need of the support and safety that comes from being part of a family. Bethany is on the front line of providing solutions.
Intact Family Services maintain and strengthen family units, by providing in-home services designed to prevent children from entering the foster care system. This program, works with family strengths, monitors the family dynamics, provides linkages to community resources, assists with housing or school issues, and provides information regarding child development/age appropriate behavior and discipline as well as general case management services. Emphasis is on child safety and keeping the family together. The program provides intensive in-home case management as well as 24-hour response to emergencies.
Work schedule is typically M-F, with flexibility; some weekends and evenings may be required. Meet with families in their homes at various hours of the day as well as on call duties as scheduled in potentially high risk neighborhoods.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a conduit of information between all parties to the case and identified stakeholders, including medical, educational and mental health providers.
- Conduct visits with children, parents and/or caregivers that include the on-going assessment of child safety, permanency and well-being.
- Develop and implement a plan that meets the needs of the children and the family.
- Facilitate placement and delivery of services in collaboration with biological, foster and adoptive families.
- Perform case management responsibilities in accordance with state and federal laws, Department of Children and Families Administrative Codes and Operating Procedures, funding source policies and internal policies on child abuse, abandonment, and neglect within required time frames.
- Attend court hearings, prepare and file all court documents within required time frames.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for professional staff that deliver Intact Family Services include one of the following:
- A Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university approved by the Council on Social Work Education plus one year of subsequent social welfare experience or;
- A Master’s degree in a field related to social work plus two years of subsequent social welfare experience or;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work from a college with a program approved by the Council on Social Work Education plus two years of subsequent social welfare experience or;
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to social welfare with three years of subsequent experience in social welfare.
- CWEL and CERAP certification strongly preferred; but if not already, the candidate must be willing and able to complete upon hire.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish; preferred.
- Demonstrates professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates excellent assessment, therapeutic and crisis intervention skills.
- Computer and documentation skills sufficient to perform essential functions.
- Demonstrates organization and time management skills.
- Maintain a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage.
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.
Must have good driving record and willingness to travel. This very important role requires Case Managers to drive 50% of the time.