New Graduate Nurse – All 2022 Graduates
Missouri & Illinois Location
Information About this Position
The BJC HealthCare New Graduate Nurse position is available for all student nurses and will connect students directly to our University Recruitment Team, who is committed to helping new graduates navigate the Staff Nurse application process. Qualified students who apply to this position are eligible to receive career opportunities across all BJC HealthCare hospitals and nursing specialties. These include:
BJC HealthCare Hospital/Service Line:
- Alton Memorial Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
- Christian Hospital
- Memorial Hospital Belleville
- Memorial Hospital Shiloh
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital
- Parkland Health Center
- Progress West Hospital
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- BJC Home Care
- Behavioral Health/Psychiatric
- Critical Care
- Home Care
- Labor & Delivery/Women’s Health
- Operating Room
- $12,500 Sign-On Bonus
- BSN Differential
- Benefits Eligible
- Student-Loan Repayment Eligible
- Tuition Assistance
- Nurse Residency Programs Available at Select Hospitals
Company and Job Overview
BJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States, delivering services to residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and southeast Missouri regions. With net revenues of $5.5 billion and more than 30,000 employees, BJC serves patients and their families in urban, suburban and rural communities through its 15 hospitals and multiple community health locations. Services include inpatient and outpatient care, primary care, community health and wellness, workplace health, home health, community mental health, rehabilitation, long-term care and hospice.
BJC’s patients have access to the latest advances in medical science and technology through a formal affiliation between Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital with the renowned Washington University School of Medicine, which consistently ranks among the top medical schools in the country.
BJC is the largest provider of charity care, unreimbursed care and community benefits in the state of Missouri. BJC and its hospitals and health service organizations provide $785.9 million annually in community benefit. That includes $410.6 million in charity care and other financial assistance to patients to ensure medical care regardless of their ability to pay. In addition, BJC provides additional community benefits through commitments to research, emergency preparedness, regional health care safety net services, health literacy, community outreach and community health programs and regional economic development.
The Graduate Nurse provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of nursing care after completing a nursing program and before licensure. Will be required to obtain licensure within 90 days of graduation from an accredited school of nursing to remain employed in a HSO in the state of Missouri. Student nurses interested in our Illinois hospitals are eligible for employment prior to passing NCLEX and Nursing Boards.
- Educates patients and their families on how to manage their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and medication administration.
- Uses critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient’s physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment.
- Evaluates patient’s response and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient’s stay.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate’s – Nursing
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
– Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
– Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
– 401(k) plan
– Tuition Assistance
– Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
– On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
– Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer