University New Grad – Actuarial Analyst
This position will be located in either our Chicago, IL or Richardson, TX headquarters office.
Job Purpose: What Are Your Responsibilities?
This position is responsible for participating in implementation, maintenance and basic analysis of models, studies and systems which use actuarial principles for the purposes of pricing, underwriting, statistics, reserving, forecasting and other actuarial functions; running, building and analyzing results of basic models; developing oral and written presentation skills; and learning basic business and actuarial concepts.
What Do You Need To Be Successful?
- Actuarial Internship or Actuarial Experience in the health insurance or related field
- Verbal and written communications skills to prepare effective documentation, facilitate training and development, and participate in presentations.
- PC proficiency to include Word and Excel.
- Access, SQL, Visual Basic or other programming skills preferred.
What Are the Requirements You Must Meet?
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Economics. Other Bachelor (or higher) degrees may be considered
- Graduation date between December 2020 – June 2021
- A minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Completion of 1 ASA (Associate of the Society of Actuaries) exam equivalent based on specifications in the Society of Actuaries Education and Examination System.
What Does the New Grad Program Entail?
- Formal New Employee Orientation to build business and industry acumen
- Challenging real-world hands-on project
- Quarterly networking opportunities & professional development workshops among peers and company leaders
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.