We are a mission-driven team of collaborators, doers and problem-solvers relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. As part of our small, passionate, and accomplished team, you will help us design, build, and test space vehicles and rocket engines! Interns work directly with our experienced engineers in support of our business units New Shepard, New Glenn, Blue Engines, and Advanced Development Programs. Projects may include applied test engineering including the design, analysis and operation of test systems for testing fluid, propulsion, mechanical and electronic systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight. Internships are 12-15 weeks long and available year-round in Spring (January-April), Summer (May-September), and Fall (September-December).
- Students must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program and have at least one semester of school remaining after the internship.
- Strong written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Students who have acquired a junior or higher academic standing by the start of the internship are preferred.
- Relevant internship/co-op and academic project experience that demonstrate development of both technical skills as well as leadership qualities.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.