About Blue Trunk: Blue Trunk is a nonprofit dedicated to making it easier and more enjoyable for everybody to travel, regardless of age, disability, or health condition. We provide information about accessible travel through our web and educational services and are launching our service in Charlottesville, VA and Madison, WI. Blue Trunk offers generous leave to all full-time employees.
About the Position: Blue Trunk is searching for a Development Officer to join our growing team! You will play a key role in all of our fund development efforts, including grant applications, corporate sponsorships, individual donations, and other fundraising activities. This includes overseeing daily operations related to development, such as managing our donor database, monitoring and analyzing the success of different fundraising efforts, and working with other employees to fulfill the organization’s strategic and financial goals. Additionally you may supervise students, interns, and volunteers, as appropriate. A strong commitment to our mission and broader issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion is important.
- Plan, organize, and direct the organization’s development activities.
- Prepare the necessary tools for development activities, including proposals, brochures, presentations, etc.
- Manage the processes of identification, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects, individual donors, and corporate sponsors.
- Manage the organization’s donor information system and assure that all data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Identify relevant grant opportunities and manage grant applications throughout the entire grant cycle.
- Manage fundraising registration in all states where necessary. Keep registration up-to-date and add new registrations as needed.
- Assist social media and marketing staff with fundraising campaigns.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with media outlets to increase the credibility and image of Blue Trunk.
- Organize and execute special fundraisers, including virtual events.
- Assist with the annual preparation budget, including cash flow projections.
- Generate reports on development efforts for a variety of audiences, including donors, sponsors, general public, and Board of Directors.
- Travel to meet with potential donors and travel to perform other tasks related to fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree (in a field such as Business, Finance, Public Relations, or Communication) or equivalent experience. CFRE preferred.
- Prior experience working in development/advancement. Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Working computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite products, and Adobe.
- Experience using Little Green Light or comparable fundraising/donor relationship software.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Highly effective interpersonal, conversational, and presentational skills, demonstrating emotional intelligence and situational awareness.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytic and strategic-thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to create, implement, and monitor plans.
Equal Employment Opportunity will always be a fundamental principle at Blue Trunk, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
We encourage applications from all people, regardless of disability, age, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Submit your resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) references to apply.