Associate Consultant Responsibilities
The Associate Consultant will play an integral role in the execution and delivery of projects by working with experienced colleagues on all aspects of client engagements. The Associate Consultant is expected to gain a solid understanding of the business analytics and science behind products to be able to deliver actionable recommendations to clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Gathering and analyzing medical literature, healthcare market reports and databases: analyzing scientific, clinical, financial and strategic information to discern the business implications of new technologies and emerging trends
· Leveraging problem solving skills to synthesize and communicate results to team members and clients through oral and written presentations
· Assisting team with primary research interviews with clinicians, payers, thought leaders, and executives in the healthcare industry and related fields
· Participating in document writing and client presentations
Travel is minimal, but may occur on occasion for select project deliverables.
We offer an entrepreneurial environment for a motivated and driven self-starter who is passionate about the life sciences industry. It is an exciting time to join Bluestar, whose leaders intend to carefully select and invest heavily in the company’s expanding team. As an Associate Consultant, you will have the opportunity to help grow and build Bluestar, as well as collaborate directly with senior internal and client team members.
Bluestar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, color, religion, ancestry, age, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant life sciences coursework experience (e.g.: Biology, Chemistry, Bio-engineering) with strong track record of academic performance in analytic and quantitative classes
- Some experience within the healthcare industry desirable, but not required
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Successful candidates will also be able to write effectively and deliver oral presentations in a professional, timely manner
- Outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- High motivation and solid time management skills
- Comfort in and commitment to strong teamwork environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint, and an ability to quickly learn new software applications