Global Markets Summer Analyst – NYC
BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified financial services provider based in North America. With total assets of $830 billion and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers. BMO is the 8th largest bank in North America as measured by assets, as of April 30, 2019.
BMO Capital Markets
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service North American-based financial services provider, with approximately 2,800 professionals in 33 locations around the world, including 19 offices in North America, offering corporate, institutional and government clients access to a complete range of investment and corporate banking products and services. BMO Capital Markets is a member of BMO Financial Group (NYSE, TSX: BMO), one of the largest diversified financial services providers in North America with US$665 billion total assets and over 45,000 employees as at January 31, 2020.
Sales & Trading Analysts and Associates work in the Global Markets Group of BMO Capital Markets, comprising Global Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities (FICC), Global Equity Products and Global Structured Products (GSP), serving our corporate, institutional and government clients.
The summer intern program is a 10 week program compromised of two rotations. In addition to the defined rotations, each summer intern will complete one week of onboarding and training and there is continuous professional development throughout the summer intern program.
Summer interns have the opportunity to rotate across the following areas within Global Markets:
- Global Equity Products
- Fixed Income Commodities & Currencies
- Global Structured Products
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who can work well in a team based environment and seek a challenge.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program with a graduation date of December 2022 or Spring 2023
- Strong academic record –minimum 3.4/4.0 GPA
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of financial markets; with knowledge of programming and quantitative trading as an asset
- General knowledge of financial strategy / accounting / economic / capital management principles / analysis
- Excellent research and analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail and results orientated
- Strong work ethic
- High level of integrity
- Well rounded and strong team player
- Ability to attentively review, assess and provide detailed information daily on multiple projects in an organized manner
- Excellent capacity to independently function as part of a team through self -motivation;
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with data manipulation / Excel/spreadsheet skills including VBA are an asset as well as strong quantitative/statistical background
- Must be authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship
How to Apply:
Please submit your application to both the BMO application link and your career center portal.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.