ABOUT BNP PARIBAS
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
IN A CHANGING WORLD, WE NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF OUR MOST IMPORTANT ASSET
We truly believe that our early talent is our future: the people that accelerate innovation and provide meaningful impact to both our clients and society. We know it matters who your colleagues are, and that is why BNP Paribas is dedicated to cultivating an environment of knowledge sharing and collaboration. In starting your career here, you will be surrounded with peers and mentors who can help you learn and grow.
The RISK Function encompasses more than 400 professionals in the region (LatAm, Canada, San Francisco, and New York) and its main mission is to protect the bank. Risk is involved in credit decisions, market risk limits supervising or operational risk. The function is located in the heart of the decision-making process and critical initiatives of the organization as well as the day-to-day of the Bank.
As a future incumbent, you have a large panel of possibilities in term of career and subjects to be covered. During a 10 week assignment, you would be rotating within two departments (in SF or NY) of the RISK function to gain a good vision of what Risk is doing and to get to know two different teams.
SUMMER INTERNSHIPS 2021
The internship program is our primary source for hiring junior talent into the firm. Over 10 weeks, you will acquire an in-depth insight into BNP Paribas and practical experience. Whichever area you are placed in, you’ll be with a team of award-winning specialists in a dynamic, collaborative environment. As an intern, you will:
- Engage in an initial induction training that will set you up to waste no time and allow you to network with interns across all business divisions.
- Complete technical projects and collaborate with colleagues across the bank, gaining the exposure you need to make an informed decision about where your skills and interests are.
- Participate in weekly senior speaker events and roundtable discussions to gain a comprehensive understanding of financial markets and the industry.
- Network with colleagues and learn about industry topics through workshops and speaker series, as well as through philanthropy and social events.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Our internships are a springboard to a graduate career with us, so they are not only highly driven, but intellectually demanding. To secure a place, you’ll need a strong academic background, excellent analytical skills, and the ability to express yourself well, to clients and colleagues alike.
- Graduation year of Winter 2021 – Spring 2022
- All majors accepted
- Excel skills preferred
- Quantitative/business experience preferred
- Project management knowledge
- Interest in capital market or credit activities
- Interest in the financial industry
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Suite and other communication tools
- Not afraid to be challenged by new subjects or experts
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.