Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area Profile:
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group’s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients’ total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion’s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations. Projects can vary in length, size, and location, depending on the client’s challenge.
At BCG Platinion, we are looking for both Data Engineering and Software/Full-Stack Engineering interns to support the design, development, and implementation of Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) for clients looking to transform in the digital space. At BCG Platinion, we are thinkers, makers, and doers who love solving hard problems. We aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves and dive into the weeds of complexity—in fact, that’s our job. Our ideal candidates will have core engineering experience within web applications, mobile optimized solutions, some data analytics experience, and cloud to support the creations of beautiful, state of the art products for our clients. We will review candidate applications for both Data Engineering and Software/Full-Stack Engineering internship roles and determine which is the best fit based on their experience and skillset.
Data Engineering and Software/Full-Stack Engineering interns at BCG Platinion are:
- Iterative. They are excited to prototype at all levels of fidelity—and have the humility to walk away from ideas when they fail.
- Collaborative. They have the ability and enthusiasm to work with researchers, designers, business consultants, and other engineers who will all challenge and support each other.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. They know projects and businesses move fast. That means the path forward isn’t always well-defined. They are comfortable and collaborative through our process.
At BCG Platinion, you will:
- Support builds of technology products, platforms and systems at varying levels of fidelity and scale from lightweight mock-ups to full production apps for clients.
- Demonstrate technical skills and/or content knowledge in a discipline or field. Use state-of-the-art methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- Provide a high level of quality on all work performed.
- Pursuing bachelors or masters degree in computer science, engineering, analytics or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Knowledge of when to proactively seek help and learn from critique or failure.
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to “get things done”.
Additional Desired Competencies:
Experience in one or more of the following:
- Data processing technologies and tools, e.g. Spark, pandas, numpy, dask
- Scripting and object-oriented languages, e.g. Java, Python, and C#
- Web services and message formats such as JSON, XML
- Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure as well as managed services on those platforms such as Beanstalk, Lambda, Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions etc.
- Mobile languages and frameworks such as Objective-C, ReactNative, and Java
- Analytical (e.g. Redshift, Synapse, Snowflake), Relational (mySql, Postgers) and noSQL databases
- Emerging technology like AR/VR, IIoT, AI, Blockchain.
- Data science and visualization applications such as MLlib, scikit-learn, d3.js
What to include on your resume: A link to your portfolio/Git repository that demonstrates your affinity for software/data engineering and shows how you approach digital challenges.
Our timeline: Once your application is submitted, we will also require you to submit a video cover letter. You will receive this request by September 30th. Interview notifications will be shared in early October and interviews will occur in October.
Locations: New York, NY, Dallas, TX or Pittsburgh, PA