Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area Profile:
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group’s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients’ total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion’s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
At BCG Platinion, our Risk Management and Financial Engineering teams lead organizations in best practices at the intersection of quantitative finance and data analytics. Our risk and financial engineering consultants are experts in quantitative analysis, modeling financial products, data manipulation, and visualization techniques.
In this role you will combine relevant technical skills to enhance clients’ end-to-end modeling processes and help support the growth of our Financial Engineering practice.
Risk and Financial Engineering Interns at BCG Platinion are:
• Collaborative. They are interdisciplinary team players who seek alignment and establish relationships ranging from cross-functional stakeholder groups to existing security teams.
• Comfortable with ambiguity. They know the path forward isn’t always well-defined. They are comfortable and confident working through the unknown.
• Technical experts. They are critical thinkers and have financial engineering expertise that drives novel solutions routed in complexity.
You’re Good At:
• Development, validation, and review of complex models or financial structures
• Optimization, Monte Carlo analysis, and scenario design & generation
• Data manipulation with a variety of programming languages
• Writing model documentation related to the client/school project requirements
• Supporting development of risk management topics: Agile, AML, CCAR, and CECL
• Working on other ongoing practice support and development contributions
• Seeking Masters or PhD in Finance, Financial Engineering, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field
• Experience in risk modeling, optimization, statistics, or quantitative finance
• Understanding of financial products and applicable modeling skills:
• Free Cash Flow modeling, Capital Budgeting techniques, NPV, IRR
• PPNR, CVA, Ops Risk, Retail/Wholesale, Structured products (ABS, RMBS, etc.)
• Expert programming skills in Python, SAS, SQL, VBA, R, MATLAB, or C++
• Strong data visualization skills in Power BI, Tableau, or DOMO
• A results-oriented, team-player attitude
• Excellent communication skills
Once your application is submitted, we will also require you to submit a video cover letter. Details to follow via email by late February. Interview notifications to follow by mid-March.
New York is preferred, but other office location preferences will be considered.