Brady has one powerful mission — to unite all Americans against gun violence.
Each year, 40,000 people in the U.S. die from gun violence. We can change that. No organization has a more comprehensive and systematic approach to ending America’s gun violence epidemic. They say it can’t be done. But we know Americans can do anything. Even end this epidemic of gun violence. For we are more powerful than any problem when we work as one. Now is the time to unite people, from coast to coast, young and old, liberal and conservative, fed up and fired up, and free our country from what is killing us. It’s in our hands.
The Social Media Associate will support the multi-channel management of social platforms to promote and elevate Brady’s work to prevent gun violence. Serving on the Communications team and reporting to the Director Digital Strategy, the Social Media Associate will assist in the development and implementation of original digital content and driving strategies to meet growth goals for Brady’s social following and increase engagement. The best candidate will be flexible and maintain an “all hands-on deck” spirit in regard to campaigns and organizing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, create, and publish/schedule original, high-quality content on social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Instagram/Facebook Stories, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more)
- Develop and execute social media strategies to support Brady’s programs, including End Family Fire, Team ENOUGH, Vets for Gun Reform, and Brady’s podcast, “Red, Blue, and Brady”
- Work within the communications team to suggest compelling graphics, video, podcast, and web content to support organizational goals and priorities
- Work closely with Policy, Legal, and Organizing teams to come up with creative ideas for social media content and strategies to amplify their work, such as advocacy asks to elected officials or petitions to grassroots supporters.
- Provide social media coverage support during live events and mobilizations, sometimes during evenings or weekends
- Regularly create social media advocacy toolkits for use by grassroots supporters, partner organizations, and elected officials, with an understanding of how content and strategies vary by audience
- Work closely with Team ENOUGH Executive Council to manage Team ENOUGH social media channels, with an emphasis and dedication to developing youth-led, youth-generated content with a commitment to authenticity and intersectionality
- Monitor trends in social media and make recommendations for growth and opportunities
- Oversee detailed metrics on Brady’s social media performance, including analyzing which content performs best, developing hypotheses for why, and realigning Brady efforts in accordance with greatest return
- Assist the Communications team’s work in other exciting ways, including writing and producing webpage and email content when relevant, with a social media lens to optimize opportunities for engagement and visibility
Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years relevant experience (internships and volunteer experiences applicable) of helping manage content for social media platforms and a clear interest in activism, advocacy, organizing, or politics
- Deep understanding of how systemic racism, homophobia, transphobia, and ableism play a role in fueling inequities in America, including our country’s gun violence epidemic
- Strong writing skills, including precise grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Ability to work well under pressure within a fast-paced, high-performing team
- Keen understanding of how to drive measurable outcomes and conversions, such as in regard to petitions, donations, clicks, views, engagement rates and others.
Brady understands that gun violence disproportionately harms communities that have long faced systemic racism and inequities, including Black, Latinx, Native American, and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities and lived experiences.