The Neuroscience Research Assistant functions as a member of the research team and works closely with our experienced Research Scientists who have done extensive study in the fields of neuroscience. You will also get familiar with the blooming brain-computer interfaced technology industry.
- Acquiring behavioral and neurophysiological (EEG) data.
- Read scientific papers and conduct literature review, understand and summarize results.
- Recruit and schedule participants, run experimental study sessions; administer EEG measures, assisting research visits, coordinate collection of surveys from parents, as well as data entry and management.
- Assist in research outreach and perform inventory management of equipment and supplies.
- Manage multi-site research projects, prepare work plan and schedule for research project and monitor project progress on a regular basis.
- Use sophisticated signal processing methods such as time frequency analysis, as well as machine learning for neural signal and data analysis and classification.
- Contribute to electrophysiological data analysis using MATLAB or Python.
- Previous professional experience with children, including working in a research setting.
- Good interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients with varied backgrounds and medical conditions, physicians, researchers and other team members.
- High level of motivation; ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team; excellent communication skills, project management, problem solving abilities, organization, and attention to detail.
- Availability for flexible scheduling including evenings and weekends to facilitate visits.
- A background in computer science, engineering, neuroscience, brain and cognitive sciences, psychology or related field is preferred.
- Previous experience in Python, C , or other programming languages, like MATLAB, R etc is a plus.
Preferred experience includes:
- Candidates with strong analytical skills and machine learning knowledge are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of psychophysiological/electrophysiological recording.
- Previous professional experience working with research participants.
- Ability to assist with publications and presentations.
- Knowledge of standardized assessments, surveys and project management experience.
- Unpaid internship
- Work hour: 15-20hr/week