BRIC is a leading arts and media institution anchored in Downtown Brooklyn whose work spans contemporary visual and performing arts, media, and civic action. For over forty years, BRIC has shaped Brooklyn’s cultural and media landscape by presenting and incubating artists, creators, students, and media makers. As a creative catalyst for their community. BRIC ignites learning in people of all ages and centralizes diverse voices that take risks and drive culture forward. BRIC is building Brooklyn’s creative future.
The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival is NYC’s longest-running, free performance festival, and a beloved summer tradition featuring approximately 30 varied performances and attracting upwards of 200,000 people each summer to the Prospect Park Bandshell.
About the Marketing Intern Role:
BRIC seeks a Marketing Intern to assist in expanding the festival’s social and digital footprint, and to represent the organization in a role on-site at Festival events. The perfect candidate will possess arts marketing knowledge, a desire to create rich multimedia for social platforms, excellent writing and editing skills, and a deep appreciation for performing arts.
● Learn how to design and implement a large-scale marketing campaign including printed materials, digital and physical signage, digital marketing, advertising, and more
● Understanding of a wide range of marketing platforms to promote the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, including email marketing, social media outreach, website content, printed materials, and more
● Research into data collection strategies and methods, in addition to practical implementation
● Hands-on practice using social media platforms for a brand, especially Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
● Get a behind-the-scenes look and front-of-house experience working at an established outdoor music festival
What You’ll Do in the Role:
The Marketing Intern will be gain experience by assisting and coordinating in the following areas as well as any other project assigned by their manager, the Director of Marketing:
● Represent BRIC on-site at the Festival, in the BRIC Info Booth, at every show throughout the summer
● Create content for social media networks including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram
● Draft blog entries including artist interviews, photo essays, and behind-the-scenes articles
● Administer audience survey at all performances, utilizing iPads and supervising volunteers
● Assist other departments in special events
● Complete other administrative duties (data entry, fulfill mailings, inventory, invoicing) and help the BRIC team whenever/wherever extra hands are needed
You’ll Bring these Skills and Strengths to the Role:
● Mission & Values Alignment: A passion for BRIC’s support of the arts in Brooklyn and a deep commitment to building community, igniting learning and making change through the arts and creativity.
● Commitment to Equity & Inclusion: Desire to operationalize equity within the Marketing Intern function.
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or currently pursuing degree in related field
● Adobe Creative Suite, photography and/or videography skills a plus
● Must be creative, proactive, highly organized, computer literate, outgoing, and able to think on your feet
● Must possess strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
● Must be excited to work on administrative office tasks and to engage with artists and the public onsite, both with utmost professionalism
● Must be interested in the performing arts
Other Things to Know:
● Schedule & Location: June – September 2021, 3-4 days per week / 20 hours. Must be available to work ALL performances (primarily Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights) plus office hours.
● Academic Credit and or Food/Transportation allowance: Academic Credit may be arranged. Onsite dinner during events and transportation benefit provided.
● Mission & Values: BRIC is committed to building Brooklyn’s creative future. We advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers. We present bold work that reflects diverse audiences and speaks to the world. We ignite learning in people of all ages. We unite Brooklyn through art and creativity to build community and make change.
How to Apply:
All applicants must submit a resume together with a cover letter outlining the ways in which their skills and experience align with our specific needs via our online application portal found here. Candidates of color and from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
BRIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot be used as a basis for an employment decision.