Working under general supervision from a manager, lead coordinator or Principal Investigator, provides support to clinical research studies. May be responsible for the following activities: screening and scheduling potential participants for clinical trials, developing and implementing patient recruitment strategies, performing applicable clinical tests such as phlebotomy, ECGs, etc, maintaining and updating data generated by the study, assisting in the team effort of making judgment of suitability of potential participants for clinical trials, assorted administrative work on patient documents, folders and research projects.
- Bachelors degree. Equivalent experience or research certification acceptable as well.
- Previous laboratory, research, or clinical work preferred. Some knowledge of medical terminology, clinical practice and/or research studies highly desired.
- Sound independent judgment and willingness to learn competence in research methodologies a must.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required for working with the study participants.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills and the ability to resolve technical or research problems and issues and to interpret the acceptability of data results.
- High degree of computer literacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect for subjects’ rights and individual needs.
- Knowledge of data management programs.
BRIGHAM AND WOMEN’S HOSPITAL
Boston’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) is an international leader in virtually every area of medicine and has been the site of pioneering breakthroughs that have improved lives around the world. A major teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, BWH has a legacy of excellence that continues to grow year after year. Brigham and Women’s Health Care – the parent corporation for Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital and the Brigham and Women’s Physician Organization – includes 150 outpatient practices with over 1,200 physicians. We serve patients from New England, throughout the United States, and from 120 countries around the world.