Bronx Pro Group develops and manages quality affordable housing that is energy efficient and respectful to the needs of its residents and the environment. This is accomplished by employing skilled staff, using the latest technology, making certain buildings are secure, and utilizing a level of design and an attention to detail that make our tenants proud to call their apartments home.
- Work under deadlines with cross-functional teams of partner developers, vendors, attorneys, governmental agencies, lenders, equity investors and title companies to close, monitor, and convert development transactions.
- Manage the pre-development process, clearly communicate progress and critical path steps to senior staff and other team members.
- Coordinate and ensure timely completion of submission of due diligence to government agencies, lenders and investors.
- Complete Requests for Proposals and Requests for Qualifications, with assistance from senior staff and Assistant PMs as needed
- Track and manage third-party (architects, attorneys, etc.) deliverables throughout the predevelopment process.
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned pursuant to the direction of senior management, which may include special projects / responsibilities tailored to individual strengths and interest area.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Schedule and lead project calls, provide agendas in advance, take and disseminate notes.
- Manage project schedule, status updates, and critical path items; clearly communicate these to all development team members, to ensure timely completion of all tasks.
- Produce development budgets, proformas, and other quantitative analyses.
- Coordinate and ensure timely completion of pre-development deliverables such as appraisals, geotech, environmental testing, surveys; as needed, assist VP of Acquisitions and Director of Design and Construction in securing demolition/construction permits and site access agreements.
- Conduct feasibility studies, including financial, design, construction, and market aspects of potential projects.
- Tracks and compiles due diligence required by financial institutions, legal team, and government funders to secure government approvals and financing closings; secure and manage financial partners’ checklists.
- Develop project cost statements, day of closing tasks (e.g., preparing letter of direction), and development budget forecasts, with the assistance of asset management.
- Processes contracts and invoices, track development project expenses against budgets, updates budgets and proformas
- Participate in project planning meetings, identifying any critical path items and assure that necessary updates are made across project deliverables (condo filings, underwriting, etc.)
- Capably represent ownership team in on-site coordination with vendors, contractors, others
- Track construction progress; monitor requisitions and contingency budgets for key indicators
- Complete Requests for Proposals and Requests for Qualifications, with support from other team members as needed.
- Drafts post-closing memo / dealbook
- Facilitate smooth hand-off to marketing team for lease up and occupancy.
- Responsible for conversion & completion documents including cost certifications, 95/5s, permanent loan closing process and 8609s
- Prepares presentation materials for public meetings, coordinate with elected officials and other staff.
General and Soft Skill Requirements
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and representatives from the nonprofit, corporate, philanthropic, and public sectors, and demonstrate flexibility and poise in dealing with a diverse range of individuals and organizations.
- Capable of communicating effectively with a wide variety of other partners, including but not limited to architects, attorneys, government officials, lenders, financing partners and vendors.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects, set priorities for a challenging workload, and be a positive, solution-oriented professional.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work as a member of a development team.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; strong critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written communication skills required.
- Able to anticipate project next steps and execute their completion.
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Office software – specifically Power Point, Excel, and Word at a high level of competence.
Salary Range 85,000-120,000 commensurate with experience.