The Buccini/Pollin Group is seeking an analyst to work on its Acquisitions, Development, and Capital Markets team. This person will assist in the sourcing, underwriting, and analysis of the firm’s transactions. The Analyst will work directly with senior executives to contribute meaningfully across all aspects of acquisition and capital markets processes. The Analyst can expect to assume a great deal of responsibility and gain significant exposure to all sides of the commercial real estate business, interfacing with both internal and external teams in construction, leasing, finance, and marketing. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong interest in real estate, along with technical proficiency and an ability to learn quickly and adapt to new challenges.
- Underwrite new acquisition and recapitalization opportunities
- Create, maintain, and update financial models using Excel and Argus
- Assist in closing process for new debt and equity capitalizations
- Prepare offering memorandums to be utilized with potential equity investors and lending institutions
- Research and analyze market data
- Assist with financial, market, and property level due diligence
- Develop a working knowledge of abstracts, leases, loan documents, partnership agreements, and other related documents.
- Review and analyze third party reports
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience in commercial real estate finance preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, experience in Argus Enterprise is a plus
- Strong academic performance concentrating in finance, real estate, or economics
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills