Join an exciting, rapidly growing startup with 15 engineers in San Francisco. Because of Coronavirus we have gone remote and are now hiring engineers across the US.
BuildZoom is a marketplace for remodeling and construction. We help people complete large construction projects.
As a full-stack engineer with BuildZoom, you’ll play an incredibly important role by building technology to transform an offline process fraught with confusion and complexity into one that is transparent and simple.
What you will do:
- Build elegant solutions to the workflow challenges associated with construction projects
- Brainstorm and implement creative ways to visualize hundreds of millions of complex data points
- Overcome the challenges associated competing priorities: beautiful aesthetic, UX, page performance and SEO
- Deploy new features daily and iterate on improvements
- Give and receive constructive code reviews
- Experience with medium-to-large scale RoR deployments
- Strong fundamentals: OOP and application architecture
- Appreciation for software craftsmanship, quality, maintainability and performance
- Attention to detail and personal pride in your work
- Familiarity with system administration, database design, full-text search engines, machine learning
- Front-end development with HTML, CSS, AngularJS, Bootstrap
- Experience building APIs for web and mobile
- Experience with scaling for exponential user growth
- Experience developing online marketplaces
What we offer:
- As engineer #10, you get to wear many hats. In addition to application development, we could use help with everything ranging from DevOps to machine-learning to map-making.
- As a core member of a small team, we expect you to understand the business and participate in top-level strategy discussions with the executive team.
- Your features get used by millions of people. The feedback loop is short. You can tell, quantitatively, if your favorite feature is well received.