Would you like to gain hands-on project management and real estate experience while also enjoying an amazing work atmosphere? Are you looking for a PAID summer internship? Burn Scalo Real Estate is a progressive, high end commercial real estate firm, offering a flexible work environment that promotes a healthy work-life blend. We work hard, we play harder. Voted the #2 “Best Place To Work”in 2019 &2020; join the team!
Our Experience Your Future
Over the last 65 years, Burns Scalo Real Estate has been able to perfect the vibe of the modern office space to stay ahead of the curve, create the ideal workplace and offer a gratifying work-life blend to our clients and employees. Burns Scalo Real Estate is a full-service commercial organization that encompasses three different divisions that can satisfy all real estate needs. Burns Scalo Brokerage, Burns Scalo Management, and Burns Scalo Development all function separately with their own teams of experts.
As a Development and Project Management Intern, you will expect to learn true onsite construction project management roles and responsibilities. The intern will be exposed to many facets of the development process and will assist the project manager as directed including management of design, budgeting, contracting, invoicing, scheduling, construction, quality control and post-construction actions and documentation for all assigned projects.
- Contribute to various aspects of project management on BSRE’s ongoing construction and development several office buildings: Gecko, Piazza, Lexington, and Riviera
- Assist with bidding, qualifying and awarding process for all subcontractors
- Communicate current and accurate information to team members; facilitate distribution of information between clients and vendors
- Manage job processes including Requests For Information (RFI’s), submittals, change order logs, meeting minutes and invoices
- Maintain communication and ensure proper tracking of all subcontractors
- Collaborate with the superintendent to form a project plan and assist with quality control
- Assist in the ordering and tracking of all materials
- Oversee construction schedule and proactively manage potential issues and delays
- Create iCloud photo album for projects and upload progress photos daily
- Junior or senior enrolled in an accredited college, university, or technical school
- Preferred major of Civil Engineering or any engineering discipline
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ability to work 10+ hours/week
- Reliable transportation to/from projects
- Demonstrated leadership skills including decision-making, positive attitude, passion for construction, effective communication, taking initiative and demonstrating BSRE’s core values
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, flexible, diligent with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team-player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work in occupied buildings and coordinate with property and facility management team to ensure proper communication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; capable of building strong internal and external working relationships
- See, hear, talk and perform tasks requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity; kneel, sit, stand, walk, crouch, stoop, reach, pull, push and other similar, repetitive tasks requiring physical activity
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Suite)
- Work for a company that won #2 in the Pittsburgh Business Times “The Best Places To Work”
- Workplace amenities including a gym with a locker room/shower, café, kitchen, ping pong table, and shuffleboard
- Flexible schedule for students
- Opportunities to participate in industry networking events and learn proper networking etiquette, skills, and tactics for professional settings
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful business professionals
- Exposure to the creative and strategic thinking required for business success
- Stipend to purchase company apparel