From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities alike. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched. This role offers you the opportunity to:
· Work across several projects from a diverse range of sectors
· Learn how to deliver top quality crowd flow / people movement consultancy working with our international clients and stakeholders
· Hone your modelling skills, as well as providing day to day design and management advice to architects and clients
· Contribute fresh ideas in group meetings and team discussions
· Support across a range of sectors developing an understanding of the standards and methods that are applied to different scenarios and the techniques used
· With support from senior consultants, deliver and be accountable for developing static and dynamic models, preparing reports and providing findings and recommendations based on the analysis and data
· Work alongside Project Managers to manage client expectations, carry out site observations and present project outcomes
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation. In return we ask you to bring the following:
· A degree in a relevant subject including but not limited to mathematics, economics, statistics, operational research, geo-spatial analysis, physics, organizational psychology, transport and engineering
· Demonstrable experience and confidence analyzing and interpreting data
· Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel. Awareness of the following packages and their applications is helpful: Legion, Pathfinder, Mass Motion, GIS, Viswalk
· Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) beneficial
· Demonstrated experience using GIS software to analyze and visualize geospatial data (ArcGIS, QGIS)
· Interest and/or experience in visual programming (Dynamo, Grasshopper), coding (Python, C#), and/or open source coding projects
· Excellent numerical and analytical skills
· Relevant internship experience beneficial
· Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner
· Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Please apply online to be considered for this role. We are looking forward to your application!