This internship is ideal for a student interested in chemical engineering. The intern will have the opportunity to work on a variety of heavy capital projects and/or maintenance projects. This internship will provide exposure to cement plants.
· Complete Safety and MSHA training and any other site/job specific required training
· Assist in process audits and analyses at various facilities and help implement identified improvements
· Research best practices and critically apply them to solve problems in the field
· Identify frequent failure points, determine appropriate corrective actions and work with operations and maintenance personnel to implement solutions in the field
· Collaborate with the Energy Management Team to identify energy savings opportunities throughout the company
· Learn about other CalPortland departments and interface as required
Perform plant tasks as assigned