Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Job Description
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides extraordinary care by evaluating and treating patients presenting with psychiatric illness, and providing consultation to Medical Director and other Medical Staff. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner serves an integral role in the development and sustenance of the residential program.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will assist with diagnosis, will provide treatment and medication management for patients. As a part of the CEDC Medical team, the NP will also be actively engaged with other team members (case managers, social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists). The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is a vital part of the Medical team and practices collaboratively in an effort to improve quality of life for patients and their families.
Only candidates with a current Massachusetts license as a nurse practitioner will be considered. Eating Disorder work experience is preferred. Basic Life Saving certification required. Interested, qualified candidates, please email resume, list of references and cover letter.
– Provide education to the patient and his/her family as well as participates in informal education of staff at the CEDC
- To provide timely record keeping and documentation of all prescriber services provided
- To be available for crisis consultation on emergencies and coverage/consultation for patients in the absence of available prescriber on site
- To provide assistance with development and review of all medical and psychiatric policies, procedures and protocols
- To be available for the support of nursing staff in issues of medication
- Certified by the ANCC (American Nurses Credential Center) as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Certified by the Board of Registration in Nursing as Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatry
Job Type: Full-time