Laurel South is located in Casco, Maine, 45 minutes from Portland. Camp is located on the shore of Crescent Lake in the Southern part of the state. We are considered a part of the Sebago lakes region.
Laurel South offers two sessions with around 400 campers in each, ages 7-15 years old, who come from all over the U.S. and other countries. Many of the campers come from homes with high socioeconomic backgrounds. Campers of all faiths are welcome at camp.
Laurel South has over 200 seasonal staff members. Students from more than 50 Colleges and universities are represented at Laurel South. In addition, we have coaches and instructors as well as teachers from all parts of the country, and a few staff from abroad.
Health Center perform six basic functions:
1. Caring for ill or injured patients who are admitted to the Health Center
2. Handling “health calls” throughout the day
3. Sorting and administering medications to campers
4. Responding to any “emergency” which may arise at camp
5. Maintaining health logs for each camper and staff
6. Encouraging and promoting health maintenance and accident prevention