Position Purpose: The Camp Nurse is responsible for overseeing the health and safety of campers and staff.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide health care to meet individual needs of camp staff and campers.
2. Organize, maintain, and utilize adequate resources for serving the health and medical needs of the campers and staff.
3. Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to state and American Camp Association Standards.
4. Oversee First Aid procedures and supplies.
5. Ensure a staff orientation session is delivered on medical services.
6. Screen all campers and staff who are arriving and departing camp.
7. Supervise sanitary conditions throughout camp.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:・ Registered nurse (RN) or a nursing student with a Maine license as required by that state law. ・ CPR certified. ・ Current First aid certification and experience in first aid and emergency management.・ Driver’s license.・ Experience in both children and adult illness/injury care.・ Desire to work with children and young adults.