The ideal candidate for our Image Analysis Software Engineer position is a MatLab (and C/C++) programmer who will implement image processing algorithms to support clinical services project requirements, document and maintain existing code base, work under the guidance of a researcher, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Development of MatLab image processing algorithm prototypes with the ability to convert them into commercial-grade C/C++ modules for use in clinical studies
- Development of Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) for use in clinical studies
- Documentation, version control, and maintenance of developed code bases
- Testing of research-developed image processing algorithms
- Support any special time-critical image analysis projects that might lie outside of the scope of clinical studies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering with 1+ year(s) of MatLab and C++ development experience
- Strong algorithm development skills in the field of image analysis and/or computer vision
- Strong working knowledge of MatLab with experience in using the image processing toolbox
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio for C/C++ development
- Demonstrated software design experience, preferably with commercial imaging applications
- Proficiency in designing user interfaces and understanding internal/external customer needs
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of additional imaging packages (ImagePro Plus, Photoshop, etc.), and strong project management skills would be advantageous
- Prior imaging research and development experience would be helpful
Canfield Scientific, Inc. is the leading supplier of 2D and 3D photographic equipment, software, and systems for advanced patient imaging serving both physicians and the healthcare industry. Our products are aimed at the following purposes: improve communication between patients and physicians, provide tools for surgical planning, and provide tools for measurement and analysis based on 2D & 3D data.