We are looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer to perform web, mobile, and Windows based application testing. They will evaluate and test new or modified software programs to verify it functions according to requirements. The right candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, works well independently as well as collaboratively on a team, and meets deadlines while managing changing priorities all while having a passion for finding software defects.
- Participates in test design, test case (procedure) creation, testing, and the reporting of test results in cooperation with software development and testing staff
- Locate, report, and track software defects as well as create and execute manual/automated test scripts for regression, installation and performance/stress testing
- Observe workflows and diagnose problems, as well as propose improvements while applying knowledge of software testing, practices, procedures, and methodologies daily
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical team members any status updates, issues, barriers, metrics, and reports
- Operate hardware/devices comfortably including cameras and flashes simultaneously while testing software
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of professional work experience testing both software and hardware
- At least 2 years’ experience using SQL for testing
- Demonstrated experience in functional, regression, performance, installation, compatibility, end-to-end/system, and incremental integration testing
- Proficient in troubleshooting and testing both software and hardware together as a system
- Fluent with Microsoft Office products including advanced knowledge with Microsoft Windows
- Ability to analyze issues and propose solutions
- Working knowledge of XML including the ability to understand/manipulate XML files
- Photography knowledge/background is advantageous
- Experience with automation tools
Canfield Scientific, Inc. is the leading supplier of digital 2D and emerging 3D photographic equipment, imaging software, and computer systems for advanced patient imaging serving both physicians and the healthcare industry. We provide the highest quality products and services and have established a reputation for innovation and service excellence.