Ready for a rewarding career? A position at CapinCrouse is more than just a job. It’s where career and service unite. As a national full-service CPA and consulting firm devoted to serving nonprofit organizations, we offer careers in audit, tax, consulting, and cybersecurity, with a strong commitment to your personal and professional development. It’s a unique opportunity to become a well-rounded difference-maker at an accelerated pace — all while serving nonprofits that are changing lives around the world.
We’re currently looking for an Audit Intern for our Columbia, South Carolina office.
Responsibilities for the Intern Position
As an Audit Intern, you’ll be a vital part of our audit team, providing high-quality service to clients and actively participating in office events and initiatives. Responsibilities include:
· Pursue professional development with an initial focus on CPA certification
· Develop auditing knowledge and skills to assume increasingly complex audit and other assurance responsibilities
· Display integrity and professional behavior consistent with CapinCrouse’s focus, vision, mission and core values
· Act respectfully and consistent with client values
Requirements of the Intern Position
· Two or more years of college or university education completed by the time your internship begins
· Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in accounting
· Strong academic credentials
· Relevant work experience (e.g., internships, summer positions, school jobs) is a plus but not required
· Must meet the minimum requirements to sit for the CPA exam before pursuing full-time employment with CapinCrouse
· Above-average ability to learn and use computer software – proficiency in Microsoft Office (required), Citrix and ProSystem (desired)
· Ability to develop open and trusting relationships
· Ability to work in a team, whether as a member or leader
· Ability to motivate yourself to grow professionally and serve with excellence
· Reputation of integrity, even in conflictive situations
· Willingness to travel when necessary
· Passion to serve others, especially nonprofit organizations
· Desire to work as a professional in a CPA firm with CapinCrouse’s focus, vision, mission and core values
· A first-hand look at a potential career path. You’ll get extensive experience at an accelerated pace.
· A 12-month orientation program for returning associates. This program begins with an introduction and training session during which you’ll meet peers from across the country. This training continues throughout the year with peer advisors, mentoring managers, and a minimum of 40 hours of CPE development.
· The ability to work with and learn from knowledgeable professionals and the opportunity to serve clients who are making a real difference in our community, our country, and our world.
· State-of-the-art technology to give you the professional tools necessary to be your best.
· Firm-sponsored professional memberships.
· Assistance or reimbursement for the CPA review course and exam, upon completion. Our preferred CPA review course providers are Becker, CPA Excel, and Yaeger Lambers.