About the role
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be responsible for cross functional work with ML operations, ML data management, and building systems that are scalable.
Candidates should be comfortable with implementing automated feature extraction and dataset augmentation. This includes optimizing the runtimes of neural networks and building high-level abstractions for common AI/ML techniques. As an ML engineer, you will also work on a cross-functional team of other engineers, work on common ML operation tasks such as ML data management, training, and model deployment, and work on building systems that are scalable.
Who you are
- 1-4 years’ experience developing clean, maintainable and performant code in C# or similar
- Proficient in any of the database query languages like Oracle PL/SQL, MySQL
- Experience with front end and back end to include interfacing with databases and APIs
- You have made things happen and took ownership of projects you developed- including development, testing, and deployment as well as optimization for profitability.
- Proven ability to articulate ideas precisely, considering architectural impact and development effort, and assessing execution.
- Shown an ability to find the balance between delivering clean, testable, reliable code and rapidly deploying new strategies to take advantage of opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree (or above) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar, with excellent results.
Requirements & Skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university
- At least 1 year working experience
- Experience with financial derivatives a plus
- Coursework or professional experience with machine learning algorithms such as classifiers, anomaly detection, and clustering
- Knowledge of core software concepts (eg. File systems, data structures, algorithms, operating systems, programming languages, etc.)
- Willingness to succeed in a startup environment