Carina Medical (https://www.carinaai.com) is seeking to hire one full-time machine learning research scientist focused on medical image analysis. Carina Medical is a startup that aims to use artificial intelligence (AI) to process and analysis computed tomography (CT) and/or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) images to assist clinicians in diagnosis and treatment. It was spun out of multiple academic labs at the University of Virginia and University of Kentucky in 2018. Since then it received adequate governmental and private investment and is growing rapidly.
The successful applicant will work with a team to develop and implement medical image analysis algorithms including classification and segmentation using deep learning methods.
· PhD or MS with 2 years experiences in biomedical engineering, computer science/engineering, statistics or related fields
· Research experiences in image processing using deep learning algorithms
· Strong programming skills for robust and efficient algorithm implementation in one or more of Python, C, C++ and Matlab, etc.
· Familiarity with one or more deep learning frameworks
· Excellent oral and written communication skills