We are seeking a Shipboard Workforce Planner! This individual aligns the business plans with the workforce onboard. Create and analyze forecasts and other key performance indicators. Plan for shipboard staffing requirements based on historical trends, drivers, shrinkages, events, etc…The planner handles all inquiries in a timely manner, updates the system to maintain accuracy as needed and provides future assignments to returning crew members.
- Develop and drive workforce planning efforts that are aligned with long-term staffing objectives in support of business plan and operational needs.
- Creates and executes plans to optimize and/or improve scheduling efficiencies to meet business operations onboard. Understanding of supply chain and forecasting principles to determine future staffing needs and impact.
- Provide strategic recommendations to decision-makers in operations and HR on staffing needs and crew movement.
- Maintain crew personnel system with crew arrival confirmations; respond promptly to requests from team members, shipboard crew and Department Head inquiries.
- Prepares ad hoc reports and analysis as requested by department head
- Identifies course of action or makes recommendations relating to staffing deviations based on observations (Crew requests, Schedule Adjustments, Skill changes).
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineer, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year forecasting or scheduling experience. 2-3 years of Workforce Planning experience preferred
- Microsoft Office and PC proficiency (intermediate to advance level with Excel)
- Demand planning, Scheduling staff, Six Sigma, Green Belt, Workforce planning experience preferred
- Ability to think logically and creatively. Good interpersonal and organizational skills, detail oriented, responsible and reliable.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team. Good planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, flexibility, team orientation, ability and willingness to learn, great customer service. Knowledge of crew management system and scheduling optimization system preferred.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters!
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.
To view a copy of Carnival’s FMLA, EEO and EPPA posters please visit: (click or copy and paste link into your browser)
Benefits as a member of Carnival’s Team:
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus