Carrier Transicold helps improve transport and shipping temperature control with a complete line of equipment and services for refrigerated and commercial transport.
For more than 40 years, Carrier Transicold has been an industry leader, providing customers around the world with the most advanced, energy efficient and environmentally sustainable container refrigeration systems, generator sets, direct-drive, diesel truck units and trailer refrigeration systems, as well as global service and parts. Its controls team provides solutions to make Carrier Transicold products smarter, connected, and performing!
The Product Engineering team in Athens, Ga is looking for a self-motivated engineering student to assist with product reliability and factory sustaining projects. Candidates will be an engineering lead responsible for root cause analysis, corrective action development and implementation, and solution testing and qualification. This will require working in a multi-functional global environment which includes communicating with other product & manufacturing engineers, supply chain & quality engineers, and operations personnel at a factory level, as well as new product development engineers located remotely.
- Serve as assistant on projects focused on enhancing product reliability
- Review data to resolve root cause, engineer corrective action, and develop ideas to qualify corrective action
- Work closely with service and field organizations to obtain data and samples
- Prepare and present updates to engineering team
- Conduct technical reviews with key experts
Education / Certifications
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration principles and systems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects/tasks on schedule
- Practical application of textbook knowledge required
- Effective communication skills (verbal & written)
- Energetic team player with proven self-motivation skills