Casdin Capital, LLC (“Casdin”) is a New York-based fundamental research investment firm focused on the life sciences and healthcare industry. The firm manages a long-short equity fund and makes investments in early-stage to late-stage private investments. Casdin was launched in 2012 by founder and CIO Eli Casdin and as of October 2020 has approximately $2 billion in assets under management.
At Casdin we start from a position of curiosity, honesty, and passion to gain a deep and thoughtful understanding of opportunities in the life science ecosystem. We commit to finding the highest quality management teams doing the work to create high growth companies. We use data to continually advance our knowledge and we are long term investors. We believe in collaboration and transparency and operate at the forefront of innovation.
The research internship program is open to exceptional Graduate and Ph.D. students who are interested in working for our Life Science and Therapeutics teams. The program will commence in or around June 2021 for 10-12 weeks with conditional plans to work out of our New York City office.
The program will have two key components. The first is to gain hands-on experience and exposure to the fundamental company analysis that is critical to the day to day focus of the Research team. The second opportunity is to work on a specific project that could be a thematic project that will involve communicating a perspective on a specific sector of the universe or a deep dive on a disease area or company.
Exceptional candidates will be considered for potential full-time opportunities based on their internship performance.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about the field of Life Science, ideally showing a commitment through the study of science or research in their previous academic or work experience. The ideal candidate has a deep curiosity about business, both the people that run them and the full lifecycle of the capital markets. We are prioritizing candidates who have an advanced academic background in one of the following but not limited to Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, or similar and have a record of high academic achievement.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time graduate or Ph.D. program.
- Passion for the public markets and a commercial aptitude.
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity, problem-solving skills, and the ability to quantify qualitative insights.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a desire to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Self-starter, creative thinker, organized and detail-oriented in a fast-moving and iterative environment.
- The ability to be highly articulate and organized in their verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates will likely have experience in sell-side equity research, investment banking or private equity, industry corporate development, or buy-side investing.
- Candidates coming from an industry background will also be preferentially considered.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
Casdin Capital, LLC | 1350 Avenue of the Americas, FL 26, New York, NY 10019 | T 212.897.5430 | F 212.320.0327 | www.casdincapital.com