Cello Health BioConsulting (previously Defined Health) is a life sciences business development and strategy consulting firm that has been assisting clients in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and healthcare investment industries for more than 30 years. We differ from other consulting firms in the unique depth and breadth of our therapeutic area expertise, in our people (most of whom have advanced scientific degrees), and in the quality of our client interactions. Our services, broadly described, include the following: Opportunity Assessments, Indication and Portfolio Prioritization, Therapeutic Area Growth Strategies, and Identification and Evaluation of Partnering Opportunities.
Cello Health BioConsulting is in a period of growth and expansion and is currently seeking to add staff at the Research Analyst level in our Florham Park, NJ (Greater New York Metro Area) office.
The Research Analyst position offers a unique opportunity to rapidly learn about the commercial side of the Pharmaceutical industry and to develop the skills necessary for a successful career in healthcare consulting. Being a boutique, highly focused consulting firm, Cello Health BioConsulting ’s culture provides a flexible and relatively non-hierarchical work environment. New hires will receive training directly from our senior staff and Principals and have the opportunity for rapid advancement.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a science or engineering field, with preference in biological sciences with a minor in a quantitative field
- Mastered skills using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills as well as time management skills
- Strong analytical thinking skills, business acumen, initiative and desire to learn, and be detail-oriented
- Demonstrate an ability to successfully handle multiple responsibilities
- Support the consulting staff on projects across all therapeutic categories and providing the staff with broad experience in a wide range of indications
- Performing the secondary research and data analyses that provide the foundation for our commercial assessment, search, and strategy projects
- Drug pipeline and clinical trial analyses, indication or company profiling, deal and trend analyses, and literature searches to support findings from the primary research
- Eventually will also be responsible for primary research, forecasting, and client-facing presentations