Job Title: Social Worker (CH)
Location: 202 West 24th Street, New York, NY, 10011
Required Degree: Masters
The Christopher is a 167-unit supportive housing residence for single adults located in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan. The building provides permanent, affordable housing and case management services to low income tenants, many of whom have histories of mental illness, homelessness, substance abuse, and /or HIV/AIDS. The Christopher is seeking a full time Social Worker.
· MSW required, LMSW preferred
· CUCS requires that all full-time social workers who provide services within the LMSW or LCSW scope of practice to have a license within 6 months from date of hire
· Recent and upcoming graduates and experienced clinicians encouraged to apply.
· Excellent outreach, assessment, written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be able to work effectively in a team.
· Computer literacy required.
· Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred
The Social Worker will provide a full range of clinical services to tenants, assist in program planning, development and implementation of group services with particular emphasis on mental health, chemical dependency and services to people living with HIV/AIDS. Additional responsibilities include involvement in evidence based practices such as Supported Employment and Motivational Interviewing.
EEO: CUCS is an EEO Employer and Prohibits Discrimination/Harassment of Any Kind.
Licensure Hours: You will be able to work toward your LCSW by obtaining the necessary clinical practice
Instructions: Upload resume & cover letter in one doc. Applicants will only be considered for position applied for.
In accordance with the New York City COVID Safety Program, all CUCS employees, interns and volunteers (“employees”) will be required to provide either:
1) One-time verification of immunization, or
2) Weekly proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test.